1 Star Hotel
Synonyms: One-star Hotel
1 Star Hotel
What is the meaning/definition of a 1 Star Hotel in the hospitality industry?
*A one-star hotel [1-Star Hotel] is a designation for a hotel that meets minimum standards of service and quality but offers just the bare necessities as far as amenities, service, and decor. Detailed exclusions range depending on the country, government oversight, and star ranking scheme.
What is a 1 star hotel? A 1-Star Hotel is a hotel that presents only the essentials while still fulfilling proper hygiene and security standards. Ranking: Tourist (*)
A one-star hotel offers the bare essentials, such as a bed and clean sheets, an entirely functioning bathroom (occasionally shared), and self-service meals/vending machines. Other facilities of the hotel are typically accessible at the guest’s expense. It, therefore, is appropriate for budget travellers skimming for basic accommodation and service.
Worldwide, the following criteria must be fulfilled to carry the title of a 1 Star Hotel:
- The 1-star hotel must retain a designated reception area.
- The one-star hotel must hold a minimum of five bedrooms available for rent.
- All of its rooms must come with en-suite bathrooms.
- The one-star hotel must be available to the guest 24 hours a day.
- At a minimum, the owner or staff is available via call for residents throughout the day and night.
- A dining area or restaurant must serve breakfast throughout the week and dinner at least five days a week. Hotels which do not offer dinner must be located in the vicinity of restaurants which do.
- The One-star hotel should hold a liquor license and an area where beverages can be served.
Hotels receive star ratings to assist people in identifying the standard and level of services without visiting the hotel for themselves. They thereby foster trust between people and facilitate trade. Hotel categorization is based on a scale from 1 to 5, with one indicating the lowest and five indicating the highest standard. The level of service, facilities and hotel design should always be relevant to the hotel’s star rating.
*Egypt Minister Of Tourism New Hotel Ranking System
- Hotel Classification
- 2-Star Hotel
- 3-Star Hotel
- 4-Star Hotel
- 5-Star Hotel
- 7-Star Hotel
- AAA Five Diamond Award
- 5 Star GL
Top Hotel Star Ratings Questions
The content on my official website is intended for general information only. That is why, despite all efforts to offer the best possible service, my page cannot guarantee that generated posts to be fully compliant with applicable law.
Users should, therefore, not rely upon posts generated using Facebook without seeking expert advice from a licensed consultant in the relevant jurisdiction(s).
Copyright © 2023, Ossama Kamel Daoud.
All rights reserved. All trademarks, logos and service marks (“Marks“) displayed on the Facebook Page are my property or the property of other third parties.
You are not permitted to use these Marks without our prior written consent or the consent of such third party which may own the Marks.